I prepared this true color image (bands 4, 3, and 2) from Landsat-8 data of this area from June of 2019. I used QGIS to align and size my rasters, then I used Affinity Photo to compose the RGB image, feather seamlines, and do the color & light correction.
To prepare the “relief-shaded” version, I used Blender to make a 3D mesh from 10m resolution digital elevation data and rendered that mesh with my finished image draped on top, using lighting configured to emulate the direction/angle of sunlight in the original captures.
Landsat8 data used:
- Path 72, Row 15 - 5 Aug 2017
- Path 72, Row 16 - 5 Aug 2017
- Path 70, Row 16 - 22 Jul 2017
Previews(Click images to see a larger preview)
- Format: GeoTiff
- Width: 8966 px
- Height: 7284 px
- CRS: EPSG 32605, WGS84 UTM5N
- Extent: 509183.1133000000263564,6896568.5 : 699045.9179999999469146,7050813.5